Fire crews are responding to a blaze at St Helens near Orford.
A CFA spokeswoman said six CFA units from Port Fairy, Koroit, St Helens, Orford, Toolong and Yambuk responded to smoke issuing from a house on Codrington-Orford Road about 10.22am.
"Breathing apparatuses were used on scene," she said.
"Crews discovered the house full of smoke."
She said power and gas companies were called to attend the scene.
Victoria Police and Ambulance Victoria were also called to the scene.
"The incident was deemed under control at 11.04am," she said.
"Crews remain on scene with the power company."
IN OTHER NEWS
- 'Process flaw' blamed for Reid Oval $125k 'overspend'
- Art gallery site back on the agenda for council?
- Future of once-controversial sculpture to 'be determined'
- Camperdown, Koroit residents falling behind in mortgage payments
- 'High-risk' thief who stole $300k of property back in custody charged with alleged burglaries
- 'It's no good being the classic champion if you're then off the pace'
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: