The Melbourne to Warrnambool Classic is a graded mass start road race.
It covers 277km in one day.
Within the races are races within the race. Categories are: Elite Men (National Road Series registered riders), Women, B Grade Men, C Grade Men and D Grade Men.
Now, the breakdown of the race itself ...
7.30am Saturday at Eagle Stadium and Recreation Centre - 35 Ballan Road, Werribee.
2.45pm (ish) Raglan Parade, Warrnambool depending on times, be prepared to see finishers in the early afternoon.
- 1: Inverleigh Hotel, Inverleigh - 79.2km
- 2: Blue Yabbie Café, Lismore - 152.1km
- 3: Simpson Street, Terang - 232 km
- 4: Panmure Hotel, Panmure - 252.6km
King Of the Mountains
- KOM 1 (Cat 2): Start Fenton Street Finish Water Supply Tower on the left 194.8km
- KOM 2 (Cat 2): Saddlers Road Finish on Saddlers Road at Property Number 99 - 197.8km
Victorian 200km Championship
at KOM 2: Finish Saddlers Road at Property Number 99 - 197.8km
- 1: Inverleigh - 79.6km
- 2: Lismore - 152.4km
- 3: Terang - 232.1km
To be within 100 minutes of the lead riders it expected the following cut off times will need to be met:
- Intermediate Sprint 1: Inverleigh Hotel, Inverleigh by 9:45am
- Intermediate Sprint 2: Blue Yabbie Café, Lismore by 11:45am
- KOM 1: Start Fenton Street by 12:50pm
- KOM 2: Start Saddlers Road by 1pm
- Intermediate Sprint 3: Simpson Street, Terang by 1:55pm
- Intermediate Sprint 4: Panmure Hotel, Panmure by 2:30pm
Honour roll from 2000
- 2000 Hilton Clarke Jr. (VIC) 7:34.36
- 2001 David McKenzie (VIC) 7:01.55
- 2002 Jamie Drew (VIC) 6;09.57
- 2003 Simon Gerrans (VIC) 6:47.38
- 2004 William Walker (VIC) 7:59.22
- 2005 Jonas Ljungblad (SWE) 7:29.21
- 2006 Robert McLachlan (ACT) 7:54.15
- 2007 Tim Decker (VIC) 7:15.15
- 2008 Zac Dempster (VIC) 7:18.15
- 2009 Joel Pearson (NSW) 6:28.25
- 2010 Rhys Pollock (VIC) 7:49.40
- 2011 Joel Pearson (NSW) 7:24.14
- 2012 Floris Goesinnen (NED) 7:00.23
- 2013 Samuel Horgan (NZL) 6:32.12
- 2014 Oliver Kent Spark (VIC)
- 2015 Scott Sunderland (WA)
- 2016 Nathan Elliott (VIC)