Pub evacuated after ceiling fan fire

SMOKE from a toilet ceiling fan caused the temporary evacuation of patrons from Port Fairy's Caledonian Hotel last night.

Fire brigade officers received a call at 7.28pm to attend the Bank Street hotel, known as The Stump, after smoke was detected.

Officers used a thermal imaging camera to confirm the fire was out when they arrived.

The Stump owner Gary Umbers said the smoke only caused a minor disruption to the evening's entertainment.

CFA and police vehicles outside The Stump at Port Fairy which was evacuated after smoke was detected last night

CFA and police vehicles outside The Stump at Port Fairy which was evacuated after smoke was detected last night

"The band was back in action half an hour after the fire brigade officers left. We're pretty resilient over here. A good night was had by all," he said.