- Petrol pump relief is on its way, with the Coalition halving the fuel excise for the next six months.
Small business owners
- Businesses which invest in staff and digital technology will be able to claim big tax deductions.
- Parents will be able to access up to 20 weeks of paid leave which can be shared between partners as they see fit.
- New apprentices will be handed $5000 payments as part of a new incentive scheme for would-be tradies
- Patients will need fewer scripts to become eligible for free or cheaper medicines
Australian Signals Directorate
- Agency will double in size as part of a $9.9 billion plan to bolster Australia's offensive and defensive cyber capabilities
- No major new policies aimed at younger Australians
First home buyers
- Extra places under the government's home guarantee scheme, but nothing to tackle Australia's soaring property prices.
- Government to spend $50.2 million to accelerate key gas projects and support investment in carbon capture and storage.
- Winners and losers in the 2022 budget
- Analysis: Karen Barlow explains the federal budget
- What's in the budget for defence and national security
- The budget's economic forecasts and tax settings
- What the budget means for the public service
- What the budget means for older Australians
- What the budget means for younger people
- What the budget means for small business