A HOSPITAL worker is among three more cases of COVID-19 linked to a Hamilton country music event, bringing the total number of active cases in the Southern Grampians region to 29.
The additional cases include a Western District Health Service staff member who worked with community clients last Friday, November 19.
All clients affected have been notified and will be tested, the hospital said.
Two of the three infected people who were hospitalised in recent days have now returned home.
Encouragingly, nine residents who came into contact with a positive case at the Birches aged care facility have tested negative on their day six test.
To date, all positive cases who attended the country music event were double vaccinated.
A total of 393 people were tested at the Hamilton Showgrounds on Wednesday, assisted by teams from Geelong and Warrnambool. The Department of Health LabVan also fast-tracked the results of 130 priority tests.
Anyone who has visited a COVID-19 public exposure site will receive notification directly through the QR code check-in system.
If you have symptoms, however mild, please get tested. The WDHS Drive-thru at the Showgrounds is open today, Thursday November 25, between 8.30am and 3pm.
READ MORE: Vic records 1254 COVID cases, five deaths
The Caledonian Hotel in Hamilton has been listed as a Tier 1 exposure site for people who were at the venue on Thursday, November 18 from 5pm to 7.30pm.
Other high risk venues include:
- November 14 - The Roxburgh House, 64 Thompson Street, Hamilton - 4:00pm - 6:30pm
- November 15 - Hamilton Medical Group, 20 Foster Street Hamilton - 10:45am - 11:10am
- November 16 - Alexandra House Sports Club, 134 Brown Street, Hamilton - 6:30pm - 8:00pm; Freemason's Lodge, 114 Lonsdale Street, Hamilton - 7:00pm - 11:00pm
- November 17 - Hamilton Uniting Church, 113 Lonsdale Street, Hamilton - 10:00am - 11:00am; Alexandra House Sports Club, 134 Brown Street, Hamilton - 12:00pm - 2:30pm
- November 18 - Botanical Motel, 75 French Street, Hamilton 5:00pm - 6:05pm; All Abilities Equestrian Centre, 19 Laidlaws Road, Warrong - 10:45am - 12:05pm; Grampians Accountancy Service, 62 Gray Street, Hamilton - 3:15pm - 3:30pm; St Mary's School, 48 Hiller Lane, Hamilton - outdoor basketball courts - 4pm to 5:25pm; Patterson Park Hall, 194 King Street, Hamilton - 1:00pm - 4:30pm
- November 19 - Izzy's Restaurant, 71 Gray Street, Hamilton - 7:30pm - 11:30pm; Hamilton Medical Group, 20 Foster Street Hamilton - 11:00am - 12:00pm & 12.30pm to 2.30pm; Hamilton Indoor Leisure & Aquatic Centre (HILAC) - 83-93 Shakespeare Street, Hamilton - 5:50pm - 8:00pm; Woodys Café, 113 Thompson Street, Hamilton - 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- November 20 - Nutrien Ag, 58 North Boundary Road, Hamilton - 9:00am - 12pm; Hamilton Indoor Leisure & Aquatic Centre (HILAC), 83-93 Shakespeare Street, Hamilton - 11:18am - 12:48pm
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we aim to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content: