Elective surgeries put on hold due to the region's latest coronavirus outbreak are expected to resume from next week.
South West Healthcare aims to return to 100 per cent elective surgery capacity from October 18.
For the past few weeks elective surgeries were reduced to just category 1 and 2 urgent and semi-urgent procedures along with emergency surgery.
The hospital's executive director of nursing and midwifery Gaynor Stevenson said St John of God Warrnambool Hospital had been working with SWH since the beginning of the pandemic and throughout the recent outbreak.
"Public patients are scheduled where available theatre sessions exist, thereby reducing the impact on private cases," Ms Stevenson said.
Over the last month to October 11, St John of God has assisted SWH with 38 cases.
The Warrnambool Base Hospital has been operating its elective surgery at approximately 56 per cent since the beginning of the current COVID-19 cluster.
Ms Stevenson said SWH aimed to have elective surgery back to full capacity from next week.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
- Bookmark https://www.standard.net.au/
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines and newsletters.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Tap here to open our Google News page.
- Join our Courts and Crime Facebook group and our dedicated Sport Facebook group