Warrnambool's north now has its very own real estate agency with the popular growth area a prime position for the business to be based.
Luke Williams moved his real estate agency, which he had worked at from home for the past two-and-a-half years, to new premises at the Centro Shopping Centre this week.
Mr Williams said he'd achieved his five year business goal in its first two years and opening a shopfront took the business "to that next level".
"All the other agencies are in the CBD. This is something different," he said.
IN OTHER NEWS:
He welcomed sales associate Craig Bonney, a long-time city resident and Warrnambool Golf Club professional of 22 years to the business. He said they complemented each other and had known each other for years. "We work well together," he said.
"We're real, we're down to earth and we relate with people, that's our big thing, people know us. A lot of our business comes from word of mouth and people who know us. We rely on a lot of our relationships and connections."
Mr Williams said the current demand for south-west properties was unlike anything he'd seen in the decade he'd been in the industry.
"It's out of control," he said. "We had one we listed on Thursday about four hours before the lockdown and we've had three offers site unseen, all from locals. It's an Allansford listing and it's tough to get anything out there.
"As soon as we list a property we do a video walk through that we can send to anyone that inquires. It's becoming the norm now. Last year I reckon we sold 20 (properties) site unseen. In years before that it might happen once a year, now it's just expected."
- Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
- Bookmark https://www.standard.net.au/
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines and newsletters.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Tap here to open our Google News page.
- Join our Courts and Crime Facebook group and our dedicated Sport Facebook group