AUSTRALIAN duo Penny Smith and Tom Grice fell narrowly short of a spot in the mixed trap finals at the Tokyo Games.
Smith, who hails from Bookaar in south-west Victoria, came sixth in the women's final on Thursday in her first Olympic Games.
Smith and Grice combined to hit 145 of a possible 150 targets in the team event on Saturday.
The pair placed sixth but were one of three teams to finish on the same total.
The top-four combinations advanced to the medal shoot-offs.
San Marino's Alessandra Perilli and Marco Gian Berti (148/150) and Spain's Fatima Galvez and Alberto Fernandez (148/150) will shoot for gold this afternoon.
The bronze medal match will be between Slovakia's Zuzana Rehak Stefeckova and Erik Varga and America's Madelyn Ann Bernau and Brian Burrows.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
- Bookmark https://www.standard.net.au/
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines and newsletters.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Tap here to open our Google News page.
- Join our Courts and Crime Facebook group and our dedicated Sport Facebook group