WARRNAMBOOL and District Football League is planning to play without crowds on Saturday.
It comes as clarification a state government-imposed 150-person cap for outdoor sporting venues includes players and officials.
Leagues had hoped players and officials were exempt from the figure as they strived to return to competition after a two-week coronavirus-enforced break.
AFL Victoria asked for clarification earlier in the week and received word on Friday afternoon - less than 24 hours out from senior matches.
District league president Kylie Murphy said it was a disappointing result.
"We are going no spectators, it will be like Hampden (league)," she said.
"It will be players and officials and umpires.
"We can't use change rooms and we're going to ask players to be ready to play and leave as soon as you can.
"Unfortunately it's what it is going to be this week."
Warrnambool and District league will play its round 10 matches.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content
Have you signed up to The Standard's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in the south-west.