Another visiting magistrate has commented on the south-west's increasing case backlog.
Alan Spillane presided over Warrnambool Magistrates Court on Monday.
There were close to 60 items on the list and six people in the police station cells waiting to appear in court.
Mr Spillane was the only magistrate in the building's four courtrooms.
When a south-west man charged with minor offending did not appear, Mr Spillane asked for an adjournment to the next available date - 13 September.
He said he felt he'd been "hit over the head with a steel beam".
"13 September? That is crazy," he said.
"It can't be true."
The court heard the next available date for the hearing was in August.
Ms Popovic said she was "horrified" to hear of the wait times confronting the region's courts and said she would be writing to the chief magistrate.
The Standard wrote to the Magistrates' Court of Victoria at the time with questions about the region's increasing backlog.
Physical court appearances were reduced amid coronavirus fears from mid-March last year, with non-urgent matters adjourned off to October, or later.
A spokeswoman said the court was actively working with stakeholders to decrease pending matters.
She did not specify how many south-west matters were awaiting resolution.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
- Bookmark https://www.standard.net.au/
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Tap here to open our Google News page.
- Join our Courts and Crime Facebook group and our dedicated Sport Facebook group.
- If you have subscribed, join our subscriber-only Facebook group.