HAMPDEN Football Netball League's junior season is over after just two rounds.
The league announced a decision to cancel the shortened season on Wednesday night, citing coronavirus concerns.
It follows the same fate as the Warrnambool and District league which last week abandoned plans for a round-robin competition to start on August 1.
The Hampden league in a statement said circumstances made it difficult to run a formal competition in 2020.
"Due to ongoing challenges regarding cancelled fixtures, the HFNL executive, with the support of the 11 member clubs, have determined that the integrity of a formal competition cannot be upheld with these ongoing challenges, concluding it is not practical to re-schedule any cancelled fixtures during the course of the season," it read.
"Member clubs will have full discretion should they choose to participate in any friendlies, practice matches or club-level activities such as club-led training sessions.
"These activities remain sanctioned by present Department of Health and Human Services, AFL Victoria and Netball Victoria protocols.
"To this end, member clubs will continue to receive a full commitment of support from AFL Western District in administering these activities where appropriate."
The statement said all member clubs "unanimously agreed" that no friendlies or scratch matches would take place this weekend.
"The HFNL would like to thank the entire football and netball community for their cooperation and support in 2020," it said.
"We recognise the substantial efforts of volunteers in the sanctioned fixtures in the completed fixtures of the 2020 HFNL premiership season and pass on our sincere gratitude to them."