Flavia, what sports were you interested in at school?
I played a lot of sports at school including basketball, hockey, golf, volleyball and rowing.
I suppose I was always going to take part in rowing, because my dad Jim was a very good rower.
He took part in the iconic annual rowing race on the River Thames in London on two occasions. The first in 1952 and 1953.
The race is between the Cambridge University Boat Club and the Oxford University Boat Club.
It is also known as the University Boat Race and the Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race.
Jim still has various oars in his study at home that he used to win races during his career.
Has your dad been a great supporter of your time in rowing?
I don't think he was at the start. I'll never forget I took part in a novice regatta on the Yarra River and he came to watch.
I think he was not impressed with my performance, so he went home but after a while he came around. He was there when we won the national titles in Tasmania and I would say he was quite proud of that achievement.
I suppose my rowing career took off after that event.
I competed in five national championships for Victoria and I was selected in the Australian team, but work commitments as a lawyer never allowed me to compete, which was a real shame.
I had a 20-year break away from rowing competitively when I focused on raising children and working.
I've been heavily involved in the administration side of rowing for a fair few years and I've competed in the Masters rowing events for about 15 years.
My Masters career started up in Queensland before moving back to Melbourne where I've been rowing for the Melbourne University Boat Club on the Yarra River.
It s the 160th year of the club this year.
What's it like rowing on the Yarra River?
It's good. It can get really busy over the summer months on the Yarra.
There are lots more young people taking up the sport.
The Masters start training at 7.30am in the morning and the training can last up to 90 minutes.
I've found rowing is a great way to keep fit. It's a low-impact sport and is not hard on your joints.
Rowing is a great teacher of discipline.
It's a team sport and needs all members to be fully focused. It can be physically demanding but if you've got the right technique you don't have any problems.
Rowing is a sport that you can do at any age of your life and keeps you very fit.
Flavia, you said you're involved in the administration of rowing. What are your roles?
I've been on the board of Rowing Australia for the last eight years.
I'm the deputy chairman of the board and I'm the chairman of the High Performance Commission for rowing in Australia.
Can you give us an insight into your role as the High Performance Commission chairman for rowing?
We've set up two high performance centres for rowers.
The one for men is in Canberra while the one for women is in Penrith on the Nepean River.
We have the top 25 rowers from around Australia at each facility.
They have centralised programs.
The rowers have the latest medical, science, technology and elite coaches at their hands.
Rowing does not attract much media attention.
The main media for rowing comes when the Olympic Games are on.
Rowing is one of the most popular Olympic sports but flies under the radar for the rest of the time.
The government put up 60 per cent of the funding for the sport while we attract the other 40 per cent through sponsorships.
One of our greatest supporters is Gina Rinehart.
Gina attends a lot of the feature rowing events and functions. She loves having a chat to the rowers about how they are going and performing.
The rowers at Canberra and Penrith train three times a day - six days a week.
They are very committed to doing their best, not only for themselves but for rowing in Australia.
Rowing Australia was looking forward to a very successful Olympic Games in Tokyo in July and August this year, but due to the coronavirus pandemic the games have been put back a year.
We're looking forward to the games in 2021 with confidence that our rowers will bring home plenty of medals.
Flavia, away from your busy schedule - Port Fairy has turned into your new home. How did the sea-change come about?
My husband James is a former Hamilton Monivae College boarder.
I had my first visit to Port Fairy with James about five years ago.
I thought it was a lovely place back then, but we were both busy with work commitments so we stayed in Melbourne.
We looked at a few coastal destinations around Victoria for a few years with the intention of settling down before deciding on Port Fairy in October last year.
We've fallen in love with the lifestyle and what Port Fairy offers to everyone.
Port Fairy has beauty, history, beaches and amazing walks.
It has a great shopping centre and amazing medical facilities for a small country town.
It truly is a wonderful place to live - everything is within walking distance.
The town has a wonderful community spirit which is also a big positive.