More court cases are being pushed back as the judicial system scrambles to help reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Some accused criminals will have to wait at least seven months to have their cases heard before the region's magistrates courts under new measures aimed at reducing crowding.
On Monday a Warrnambool man who could not attend the court because he was self-isolating was one of several people who had matters adjourned until October.
All of the accused people were on bail.
It comes after the Magistrates Court of Victoria last week said people charged on summons could expect to wait at least five months to have their cases heard and those on bail at least three months.
The court also announced more prisoners would appear via audio visual link and telephone appearances could also be used.
Magistrate Mark Stratmann said "custody matters have to have priority from here on in."
On Friday the magistrate refused to remand a Corangamite district man in custody until a date in May, stating that court delays for people in custody should be reduced as much as possible.
"If we have to bump other matters out then that is what we do," he told the Warrnambool Magistrates Court.
"We've got a disease in the community. Bail applications or custody issues will get priority."
The Warrnambool Magistrates Court has suspended face-to-face case conferencing between accused people and police members.
Court Network, which offers personal support, information and referrals, has also been put on hold.
The Koori Court has been suspended, as have school visits to courts and all new jury trials in the state's County and Supreme courts.
Family violence cases are not being delayed.
The court has implemented rules to maintain a distance of 1.5 metres between patrons and court staff, including barriers at the front desk.
Supreme Court of Victoria Chief Justice Anne Ferguson said the courts were continuing to look at ways to help reduce the spread of the virus.
She said a number of measures had already been implemented, including increased cleaning and installation of hand sanitiser dispensers in common areas.
But south-west accredited criminal specialist lawyer Xavier Farrelly said he was concerned about the lack of hand sanitisers in the south-west.
He said the dispensers were "located at every court door in Geelong last week" but were nowhere to be seen in Warrnambool and Hamilton courts.
"It is not a criticism of anyone here but it something that I wish to note to the court," he said.
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.