FIRE crews have extinguished a blaze at a Port Fairy house.
The blaze started in the chimney of the Campbell Street house.
Lieutenant Hugh Worrall, from the Port Fairy Fire Brigade, said crews from Port Fairy and Warrnambool responded to a report of a chimney fire.
Crews were initially told the blaze was in Sackville Street, but were later advised it was at a Campbell Street home.
"When we got here there was quite a bit of smoke coming out of the chimney and now the firefighters are in BA gear - they've extinguished the fire and now we're mopping up," Mr Worrall said.
He said two tenants were at the holiday rental and they had been evacuated.
No one was injured.
Have you signed up to The Standard's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in the south-west.