AS debate rages around animal activists and on-farm protests Western Victoria MP Beverley McArthur has created an online survey to provide concerned and interested constituents the opportunity to express their views.
"It is important that all people interested in the future of rural and regional Victoria contribute to the discussion," Mrs McArthur said.
The survey asks for yes or no responses to the following questions:
- Do you agree that animal activists should have the right to trespass on private farming property?
- Do you agree that animal activists should have the right to picket or intrude into associated agricultural businesses, eg meat processing plants?
- Do you agree that $1 fines are an acceptable penalty for animals activists involved in farm invasion and animal theft?
- Do you agree that those advocating the virtues of a vegan diet, disrupted business and commuters in the Melbourne CBD?
- Should animal activist organisations like Aussie Farms receive charity status and therefore benefit from tax exemption status?
To access the survey click here.
The MP advised the results would be published in the coming weeks.
Have you signed up to The Standard's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in Warrnambool.