Our focus this week is what was making news in Warnnambool back in February, 1986.
Some tough questions on everything from sport, a day at the beach and a night at the theatre.
1.Heavy machinery was used to do what at Warrnambool’s main beach?
a Rebuilt sand dunes
b dredge the bay
cClear away seaweed
2.Which Australia actor starred in a stage show of A Sentimental Bloke that came to Warrnambool?
a Graham Kennedy
b John Jarratt
c John Waters
3.Hot Chocolate played at the Lady Bay Hotel. Which singer later covered their hit It Started with a Kiss?
a James Reyne
b Neil Finn
c Paul Kelly
4.First division in Tattslotto was what amount?
5. The historic Nestles workers cottages at Dennington were:
a Still standing but vacated
b Still being lived in
c Hot been demolished
6. Which new school opened its doors in Warrnambool?
a Warrnambool Special Development School
b King’s College
c St Pius
7. A Warrnambool man was arrested after stealing three chickens from which fast food outlet?
a Kentucky Fried Chicken
b Red Rooster
c Ollie’s Trolley
8.Who was named as a headline act at the upcoming 10th Port Fairy Folk Festival?
a Eric Bogle
c Mental as Anything
9. Conservation, Forests and Lands minister Joan Kirner banned what being constructed at Albert Park in Warrnambool?
a Skate park
b BMX track
c Bus Shelters
10.Which state agency announced it would establish a new $1 million depot in Warrnambool?
a State Electricity Commission
b Commonwealth Employment Services
c Country Roads Board
11. Warrnambool Football Club appointed Grant Thomas as its new coach. How old was the former St Kilda player at the time?
12. What quirky race was part of the Wunta Fiesta weekend?
a Barefoot boat race
b Three-legged race
c Beer-can boat race
13. Warrnambool’s mayor at the time was?
a Toni McCormack
b Ron Patterson
c Glenys Philpot
Answers: 1-c. 2-b. 3-c. 4-a. 5-a. 6-b. 7-b. 8-a. 9-c. 10-a. 11-c. 12-a. 13-b.