Ms Dowsley's disappeared on July 10 and Canandian authorities have found her body.

Canadian search teams, risking their lives in treacherous rapid river conditions, have found the body of missing Australian hiker and former Casterton woman Sophie Dowsley.

Ms Dowsley, 34, and her Canadian partner, Gregory James Tiffin, 44, disappeared on July 10 while hiking near Statlu Falls, about three hours' drive east of Vancouver.

Former Casterton woman Sophie Dowsley has been confirmed dead by Canadian police.  Photo: Supplied

Former Casterton woman Sophie Dowsley has been confirmed dead by Canadian police. Photo: Supplied

Some of their personal items were found at the top of the falls and Mr Tiffin's body was found at the base on July 19.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police and volunteer  search and rescue teams, discovered her remains on September 23.

They announced the discovery on Wednesday after confirming her identity.

Lower water levels helped their search as rope rescue and swift water rescue technicians scoured waterfall canyons and a boulder-strewn river.

"There were places that we wanted to look into but we just couldn't get to them,"  a mounted police spokesman Mike Rail said.

Ms Dowsley, originally from Melbourne, had lived in Canada for about three years.

She set out with Mr Tiffin for a day hike to Statlu Lake on July 8 and concerns were raised for their safety four days later.

"Discovery of Sophie's remains brings closure, not only for family and friends, but for the volunteers who were heavily invested in finding Sophie," the  search and rescue search manager Neil Brewer said.

"This was a difficult search in very technical terrain".

Ms Dowsley's brother, Jamie, said in July that his family wanted to thank everyone involved in the search.

"We acknowledge that this is one of the most dangerous search and recovery operations that you have ever conducted. Every day you put your lives at risk to find Sophie and we thank you for that," he said.

He added that the family needed privacy at "this extremely difficult time".

The British Columbia Coroners Service is investigating the deaths.