Firefighters were quick to extinguish a fire involving a laundry dryer in Warrnambool last night.
A Fire Rescue Victoria spokeswoman said 12 firefighters responded to an incident shortly before 10pm.
"FRV and CFA crews were called to Whitehead Court after a caller to 000 reported a dryer caught fire," she said.
"Firefighters arrived on scene within six minutes
"Wearing breathing apparatus, crews attacked the fire and brought it under control two minutes later."
Two people were transferred into the care of Ambulance Victoria paramedics.
The incident comes as a timely reminder for south-west residents to ensure their laundry areas are fire safe.
Information obtained from FRV revealed it is important to maintain laundry electrical appliances and store chemicals safely to prevent fires, burns and chemical accidents.
Laundry safety tips:
IN OTHER NEWS:
Now just one tap with our new app: Digital subscribers now have the convenience of faster news, right at your fingertips with The Standard:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.