The listing of the Pavilion Cafe and Bar and Ichiban Izakaya Japanese Restaurant as tier 1 COVID exposure sites on a government website is an administrative catch-up.
Pavilion Jon Watson said the Warrnambool breakwater-based business was cleared and open for customers.
He said his quarantined staff would undertake their final retesting tomorrow and were expected to be back at work once given the all clear.
It is understood that the Pavilion and the Japanese restaurant were previously not on the government's coronavirus.vic.gov.au website as exposure venues and the listing at 10.20pm Wednesday night was an administrative catch-up.
The times and dates were the same as were originally published in The Standard at the time of that exposure, caused by visitors from Geelong.
Mr Watson said he had talks with Barwon Health officials on Thursday morning to confirm the operating status of his business.
"We were never listed in the first place on that website," he said.
"We have been listed elsewhere and Southwest Healthcare is aware of the situation and their information is on the money.
"That listing does cause confusion and we just want to assure people we are open, trading and eager to see all our customers, regulars and visitors," he said.
Ichiban Izakaya has a sign on the front door saying it is closed after being listed as a tier 1 venue.
Earlier: Two previous Warrnambool COVID-19 exposure sites were surprisingly relisted as tier 1 late last night.
The sites were added to the state government's list at 10.20pm Wednesday - the Ichiban Izakaya Japanese Restaurant at 134 Koroit Street, Warrnambool, and the Pavilion Cafe and Bar at the Warrnambool breakwater.
The Japanese restaurant near the old bus stop was last night listed as a tier 1 site for 13 days ago - with exposure on Friday, October 1, between 5:30pm and 8:00pm.
The Pavilion was listed as an exposure site on Saturday, October 2, for between noon and 1.30pm.
Anyone who was at those venues at those times will have to immediately isolate, get tested and quarantine for 14 days.
They were both previously listed as exposure sites in a scare sparked by visitors from Geelong.
The was a new COVID positive case listed for Moyne on Wednesday on the Department of Health and Human Services website, but no further details were available yesterday.
It brings the active cases in Moyne to five.
The case was identified in postcode 3283, which includes Crossley, Killarney, Kirkstall, Southern Cross, Tarrone, Tower Hill, Warrong, Willatook, Yangery and Yarpturk.
The total of the current Warrnambool and Moyne cluster is now at 17, down from a peak of 25.
A further two people have recovered from COVID-19 in Warrnambool, which now has 13 active cases across four households.
There are four active cases in Moyne shire associated with this cluster across three households, and zero active cases now in Corangamite Shire after the remaining infected person recovered.
Portland is hopeful of dodging a bullet, with a mother and two children isolating before and after testing since returning from Melbourne with symptoms and testing positive to COVID.
There are no Portland exposure sites and authorities have praised the woman's actions.
There have been five exposure tier 1 sites also listed at Halls Gap for last Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The Spirit of Punjab Indian restaurant is listed between 6.30pm and 7.30pm Friday and the Paper Scissors Rock Brew Co. between 7.30pm and 8pm the same evening.
On Saturday Livefast Cafe is listed between 11am and 11.30am and Flame Brothers Restaurant & Bar between 6.40pm and 8.30pm.
On Sunday Grampians Adventure Golf, Cafe & MOCO Gallery is listed as a tier 1 exposure site between 11.15am and 1pm.
Authorities have also been in touch with employees at a Ballarat racing stable after positive cases.
At least two stable staff at Ciaron Maher Racing's site in Miners Rest have reportedly tested positive to COVID.
According to metropolitan media reports, the staff members returned positive results on Wednesday and others are waiting for results.
The source of infection remains unknown.
The outbreak is unlikely to jeopardise the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival at this point.
IN OTHER NEWS:
- Portland records three new COVID-19 cases
- Midfield couldn't produce policy documents after worker death: Informant
- Youngest residents say thanks to frontline workers making biggest impact
- Youth and man charged over alleged violent incident captured on police camera
- Restrictions forces change to tri club's season opener
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
- Bookmark https://www.standard.net.au/
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines
- and newsletters.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Tap here to open our Google News page.
- Join our Courts and Crime Facebook group and our dedicated Sport Facebook group