Update, 7.30pm: There have been two additional cases of COVID-19 identified in Warrnambool, South West Healthcare said Saturday evening.
They are both linked to the current cluster, are in two additional households and tracing is currently underway.
All people are isolating.
"We expect more detail to follow tomorrow once the Barwon Public Health Unit has completed tracing and can distribute exposure sites," South West Healthcare said in a statement.
There are now 20 active cases in Warrnambool.
"Separately to the other two cases, further clarity regarding a Warrnambool childcare facility is occurring to ascertain the status of this individual prior to confirming any exposure points."
Testing was dramatically lower throughout the day today.
Around 200 tests were completed by midday with the South Warrnambool testing clinic continuing to operate this evening.
Tomorrow the Deakin University testing site will close.
The South Warrnambool Football Oval Site will be open from 7am till 10pm.
The Leura Oval at Camperdown will also be open from 10am - 2pm.
The Respiratory Assessment Clinic in Merri Street will be open 8am - 4pm.
This clinic is via booking and is particularly targeting people with mobility issues or disabilities, parents with children and aged persons to ensure wait times are limited. To make an appointment please call 5563 1666 and select option 5.
"Please remain vigilant, limit your movements and practice good COVID hygiene," South West Healthcare said.
"We are still seeing positive cases emerge and our aim it is to eliminate any further cases as soon as possible.
"Well done and thank you Warrnambool. Your response in getting tested is making sure we uncover any cases thereby allowing us to prevent further spread as soon as possible."
Update, 6.40pm: A Warrnambool childcare worker has returned a negative COVID-19 test after an initial positive result.
However, upon re-resting, returned a negative test.
The childcare centre told The Standard the team was awaiting advice from the Victorian Health Department on the next steps.
"We have just been notified officially that the result of the second test is negative therefore there is no COVID at North Edge," staff member Diane Speed said.
"Parents are presently being notified."
False positive tests are rare. Earlier this year two suspected "fleeting" transmission cases of coronavirus used to justify Melbourne's lockdown extension were declared false positives.
At the time Victoria's health department explained authorities always enact immediate health measures for every positive case.
"Those cases can be re-evaluated, their test results can be re-run and further investigations and reviews conducted to confirm their true nature," Victorian Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton said.
Update, 3.45pm: A Warrnambool childcare centre has issued a precautionary warning about a potential COVID-19 exposure.
"We had a number of staff go home and isolate following the recent outbreaks and it is with sadness that I let you know we have had a staff member come back positive," she told parents and families.
"The staff member has been told that this may be a false positive but we are treating it as a positive."
The staff member was at the service on Wednesday September 29 and Thursday September 30.
"She left as soon as we were told about the Tier 2 exposures sites in Warrnambool and got tested and has been isolating," Ms Collins said.
"All of North Edge staff that were on site during these days will be isolating and getting tested.
"North Edge is contacting the relevant organisation to arrange a deep clean for the service.
"North Edge has contacted the Department and waiting for advice on next steps
"At this stage North Edge will close their doors and remain closed until we have been contacted by the department and followed all necessary steps.
"We have not had any advice to what Tier or what this means for families. We recommend that anyone that was on site on Wednesday and Thursday isolate and get tested.
"As soon as we have more answers we will let you all know."
Update, 12.11pm: The single COVID-19 case announced in Warrnambool overnight by the state government on Saturday is not a new case.
COVID-19 Testing Commander Jeroen Weimar told reporters at the state press conference there was a new COVID case in Warrnambool overnight.
However the case is the same one announced by South West Healthcare yesterday, Barwon Health confirmed to The Standard.
Barwon Health currently manages the COVID-19 testing in Warrnambool and surrounds.
"The Warrnambool cluster - and my thanks to the to the Barwon team and the local community in Warrnambool for some very active work there amongst some quite complex cases - they are all linked and we have a number of households in isolation," Mr Weimar said.
"My thanks to that community for for working so hard to support those people who are in isolation."
He said three of Colac's new cases are linked to Australian Lamb Company, and two are unrelated.
"Although we're testing the workforce and the site is currently closed, we don't have any evidence yet of transmission at the site," Mr Weimar said.
"What we've seen is social gatherings, again, some grand final parties, which have caused the spread of those five cases so far in Colac."
Update, 11am: South West Healthcare said there were no new confirmed positive COVID-19 tests overnight in Warrnambool but the community is urged to remain vigilant.
A large number of test results are still being processed, South West Healthcare said on Saturday morning.
"A big thanks to the community for turning up and being patient whilst awaiting testing.
"Please remember to remain isolating until you receive your test if you are Tier 2 or continue to isolate for the full 14 days if you are Tier 1.
"There were no new confirmed positive tests overnight which is a great result, but, we again caution people that we aren't out of the woods yet whilst we await a large amount of tests."
We aren't out of the woods yet- South West Healthcare
South West Healthcare has received over 1200 of the 1299 tests back from Thursday which were all negative.
The service is still awaiting a number of test results expected to come through during today.
Yesterday, there was a huge response with 2002 tests done through the variety of sites in Warrnambool.
"We expect people will start to receive these results during today and tomorrow," South West Healthcare said.
Testing sites open today:
There is little to no wait time at all sites.
No appointment is necessary. If in doubt, please get tested.
"Please continue to limit movements and practice good covid hygiene, signs are good but now is not a time to be complacent until we get all tests back."
Update, 10.50am: Five new COVID-19 cases have been detected in Colac this morning.
It brings the total number of cases in Colac-Otway Shire to nine.
The Barwon South West Public Health Unit in partnership with Colac Area Health is conducting contact tracing interviews and we will advise of any further exposure sites.
"We encourage the Colac community to get tested at the earliest sign of COVID-19 symptoms or following attendance at an exposure site," Colac Area Health posted this morning.
A drive through testing clinic is open at Central Reserve, Colac. Entry via Hearn Street for drive through and or via Gravesend Street for walk-ins.
Please register ahead of time on Test Tracker by clicking the following link: https://testtracker.covid19.dhhs.vic.gov.au/citizen-prefill
Update, 7am: A number of new coronavirus exposure sites have been listed in Warrnambool overnight.
The Warrnambool Football Club and the Mahogany Motel have both been listed as Tier 1 sites, along with a number of Tier 2 sites.
NEW TIER 1 SITES:
NEW TIER 2 SITES:
Anyone who visited the Tier 1 exposure sites at the times listed should get tested immediately and isolate for 14 days, South West Healthcare said in a statement.
People who are classified as Tier 2 must isolate and get tested and remain isolated until a negative result is received.
Today South West Healthcare's mass testing sites are open from 7am at:
To register for any of them please click here: https://testtracker.covid19.dhhs.vic.gov.au/citizen-prefill
"Thank you to the entire community for doing the right thing by minimising movement and getting tested if they have been in exposure sites," chief executive Craig Fraser said.
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we aim to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.