Hamilton police are calling for anyone who witnessed suspicious behaviour on Saturday night to come forward.
Sergeant Simon Bourke said a Holden station wagon was stolen from a Hamilton home overnight on Saturday.
It was found near the racecourse at Coleraine on Sunday morning.
"It's completely destroyed," Sergeant Bourke said.
He asked for anyone who witnessed any suspicious behaviour to contact the police station.
Meanwhile, Warrnambool police have asked residents to be on the lookout for a necklace lost in the CBD.
The long silver chain has a silver locket and a small red heart shaped trinket attached.
The necklace was lost on Wednesday, September 15 and it has very sentimental value to the owner, who is desperate to find it.
If you have found the item please contact Warrnambool police on 5560 1333. In Camperdown, an overnight bag containing children's clothing has been handed in.
The owner is urged to contact Camperdown police.
IN OTHER NEWS:
- VLocity trains won't run faster than Warrnambool's current ageing fleet
- Jett Bermingham wins Maskell medal
- More than 500 new COVID cases overnight
- Warrnambool and south-west likely to hit 80 per cent fully vaccinated by early November
- Port Fairy's Brookes Hardware and Timber sold after 45 years
- Kirkstall family divided over 2021 AFL grand final between Melbourne and Western Bulldogs
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
- Bookmark https://www.standard.net.au/
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines and newsletters.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Tap here to open our Google News page.
- Join our Courts and Crime Facebook group and our dedicated Sport Facebook group