Six new podcasts and an interactive map will bring listeners on an immersive audio-visual tour of Corangamite Shire's hidden gems.
Cobden, Noorat, Skipton, Port Campbell, Camperdown and Terang each have their own episode.
The podcasts reveal information and insights through interviews with residents of the towns.
Corangamite Shire Mayor Ruth Gstrein said the podcasts were a great way to promote the shire to potential visitors.
"Listeners can enjoy the stories from anywhere and use them as a guide to plan their next trip to the region," Cr Gstrein said.
"We have lost overseas visitors during the pandemic but domestic travellers are looking for destinations closer to home. This podcast tour offers a unique approach to boosting regional tourism. It provides digital information for visitors in our region and will encourage visitors to stop in more towns and stay longer.
"The podcasts let them hear our wonderful people in their own voices as they tell about the unique experiences we have to offer. It's like an invitation straight to listeners through their phones."
Cr Gstrein said the podcast could also help attract skilled new residents to ensure a sustainable local economy.
The 'Discover Western Victoria' series was put together by Storytowns, winner of The Ideas Place business startup project that Corangamite Shire supported during 2019.
"With interviews and a curated selection of unique destinations, the listeners get to experience real stories in real time, told straight from the local folk," founder Jarrod Pickford said. "It's a whole new travel experience that is designed to entertain and unlock places that people never knew about."
Previous podcasts completed by Storytowns featured Lismore-focused around its new water tower public art-and the 'Timboon Foodie Tour', visiting Apostle Whey Cheese, Schulz Organic Dairy, Timboon Railway Shed Distillery, Timboon Fine Ice Cream and the Great Ocean Road Woollen Mill.
All of the podcasts can be found at https://storytowns.com.au/
IN OTHER NEWS:
- Warrnambool children wearing masks "disproportionate", expert says
- One thousand more COVID-19 vaccines in south-west Victorian arms this week
- Buying frenzy puts squeeze on land supply in Warrnambool
- 'Magic' land with a rich history set to go on the market in South Warrnambool
- Revealed: Your Hampden league club's most consistent performers
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
- Bookmark https://www.standard.net.au/
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines
- and newsletters.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Tap here to open our Google News page.
- Join our Courts and Crime Facebook group and our dedicated Sport Facebook group