Firefighters were quick to extinguish a fire involving a laundry dryer in Warrnambool overnight.
A spokeswoman for Fire Rescue Victoria said crews were called to Raingill Avenue just after 1am on Friday following reports of a house fire.
"Approximately eight firefighters arrived on scene within six minutes to find a small fire involving a laundry dryer and quickly extinguished the flames," she said.
"Residents had safely evacuated the premises and thankfully, no injuries were reported."
The incident comes as a timely reminder for south-west residents to ensure their laundry areas are fire safe.
Information obtained from FRV revealed it is important to maintain laundry electrical appliances and store chemicals safely to prevent fires, burns and chemical accidents.
Laundry safety tips:
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.