Returning Warrnambool City Council chief executive officer Peter Schneider is delighted with the Supreme Court decision to squash his contract termination.
Mr Schneider said he was looking forward to getting back to work as the council CEO.
He said there was a costs hearing scheduled for next Thursday in the Supreme Court and then he was expecting an almost immediate return to work.
"That's when he'll have some more certainty," he said.
"I'm looking forward to getting back into the CEO role, working with the staff and councillors to make Warrnambool the great city it can be.
"I'll be continuing where I left off."
Mr Schneider agreed it would be a fresh start with seven new councillors at the council table since he was last at the office.
"That's true. They have got a lot of ideas," he said.
"I want to hear all those ideas and work with them. It's about making Warrnambool great."
IN OTHER NEWS
- Homeowners buy up as more taxed for owning second property
- Spotlight on pet crisis as shelter numbers rise to pre-pandemic levels
- 'Lucky' teachers receive vaccine but some specialist schools still waiting
- Leaders want street view of $70m development
- Play on! Leagues should be commended on return to play
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content