A Cobden motorist is set to lose his licence after he allegedly blew twice the legal limit in Warrnambool overnight.
Warrnambool police Sergeant Martin Flannery said the 27-year-old man was intercepted on Raglan Parade, near Jamieson Street, just before midnight on Friday.
"Members noticed the driver appeared substance affected and a PBT (preliminary breath test) returned a positive result," he said.
"The man was taken back to the station where an evidentiary test revealed a reading of .10. That's double the legal limit when on a full licence."
Sergeant Flannery said the man copped a fine and would likely lose his licence for 10 months.
"This is an example of our units finding a drink driver rather than it being reported and it was really good work on their behalf," he said.
- Councillors vote to review local law on dogs in the CBD after 'serious' incident
- Accused fraudster used fake identity to purchase thousands of tools from Warrnambool hardware store
- Data reveals history of accidents at notorious Warrnambool intersection
- Hampden league round one teams: Debutants, returning faces
- WDFNL teams round one: Recruits to run out in new colours
"After the Easter long weekend period, Operation Nexus came to an end but we're still asking drivers to remain vigilant in relation to impaired driving, speeding, wearing seatbelts and mobile phones."
Sergeant Flannery said when it came to road safety, police would not take their foot off the pedal.
"There were certainly more resources added to Operation Nexus but our general patrols are still out there and will not stop keeping our roads safe," he said.
"As police, we won't stop."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
- Bookmark https://www.standard.net.au/
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Tap here to open our Google News page.
- Join our Courts and Crime Facebook group and our dedicated Sport Facebook group.
- If you have subscribed, join our subscriber-only Facebook group.