This week on The Booletin and Beyond; Kimberley Price, Kyra Gillespie and Sean Hardeman bring you all the news from across the south-west.
The JobKeeper wage subsidy officially ended at the start of the week and potentially leaves up to 150,000 Australians without a job. Cally Hotel manager Lucas Reid said businesses are a long way from their pre-pandemic earnings.
Warrnambool grassroots program RSL Active received a state funding boost of $46,000 off the back of its wide-ranging success helping veterans assimilate back into the community after serving.
And accommodation providers said they had been busy after a tumultuous 12 months with one operator reporting the Easter holiday period started booking out in January.
Merrivale and Old Collegians have been left to lick their wounds after a bruising Good Friday encounter in the heat. While Merrivale netball coach Elisha Sobey was pleased to get a gritty victory in the heat over a tough opponent under the belt early in the season.
The Standard's sports journalists Nick Ansell, Brian Allen and Sean Hardeman discuss their HFNL and WDFNL 2021 predictions in The Main Break podcast.
- Limited affordable and social housing in the south-west region
- Eight new faces, stifling weather and Saints still in heaven as Koroit downs South Warrnambool
- Vaccine rollout in the south-west expected to ramp up after Easter
- When COVID-19 put comedian's career on hold, he donned lycra and lamented about dishwashing liquid and squeaky floors
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
- Bookmark https://www.standard.net.au/
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Tap here to open our Google News page.
- Join our Courts and Crime Facebook group and our dedicated Sport Facebook group.
- If you have subscribed, join our subscriber-only Facebook group.
Have you signed up to The Standard's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in the south-west.