WOODFORD is in a strong position in its Warrnambool and District Cricket Association semi-final after skipper Nick Butters took control against Port Fairy on Saturday.
The Eels are 3-139 at stumps at Allansford's Uebergang Oval with Butters unbeaten on 86.
The ladder-leader was in trouble early at 2-24 before the captain came to the crease.
Batting was a tougher task for Brierly-Christ Church in its semi-final against Russells Creek at Jones Oval.
The reigning premier was in strife at 7-16 before Campbell Love (32 for 140 balls) and Lachi Rooke (19 from 64) added some respectability to the scoreboard.
The Bulls were all out for 81 with Creek 0-4 in reply.
Both matches were rain-affected and started late.
Play will resume at 12.30pm on Sunday.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
- Bookmark https://www.standard.net.au/
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters.
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Tap here to open our Google News page.
- Join our Courts and Crime Facebook group and our dedicated Sport Facebook group.
- If you have subscribed, join our subscriber-only Facebook group.
Have you signed up to The Standard's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in the south-west.