A gas bottle and tent caught fire near Nelson on Monday prompting an emergency response from fire crews.
Country Fire Authority and Fire Forest Management Victoria crews were called to the fire in Lower Glenelg National Park about 12:45pm.
FFMV chief fire officer said the fire was at a campsite and fire crews reported a tent, cooler and gas bottle were alight when they arrived.
The fire was quickly contained by fire crews before any park assets were damaged, the officer said.
The CFA said four vehicles attend from Gorae West and Drik Drik brigades, and from the Dartmoor Group.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can access our trusted content:
- Bookmark https://www.standard.net.au/
- Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters.
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Tap here to open our Google News page.
- Join our Courts and Crime Facebook group and our dedicated Sport Facebook group.
- If you have subscribed, join our subscriber-only Facebook group.
Listen to the latest episode of our weekly podcast The Booletin and Beyond:
Have you signed up to The Standard's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in the south-west.
Our COVID-19 news articles relating to public health and safety are free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.