A Cobden man is lucky to be alive after the caravan he was sleeping in caught fire.
Chris Gray, 25, doesn't remember a lot - only running to the house on the property where he lives while on fire.
It was about 1.30am on August 3 and Mr Gray believes the blaze may have been started by a cigarette butt.
He suffered burns to 18 per cent of his body and was in an induced coma for more than a week.
Mr Gray said he remembered the ambulance officers arriving and putting him in a cold shower.
The pain was excruciating - even with morphine - he said.
Mr Gray is recovering in The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne.
He has had a number of skin grafts and hopes to enter a rehabilitation facility next week.
Mr Gray said he was extremely grateful to the Cobden community, which had been very supportive after the fire.
"I'm so grateful to everyone," he said.
"The Cobden community has donated so much already."
Mr Gray knows his injuries could have been far worse.
"I'm lucky to be alive," Mr Gray said.
He is also extremely grateful to his housemate Desirae Rogers, who has started a gofundme page.
"She has done so much for me," Mr Gray said.
He lost all his belongings, including his television, iPad, Xbox and clothes in the blaze.
Sadly, the caravan and its contents were not insured.
"I lost everything in the fire, I've got to start again," he said.
You can help Mr Gray out by visiting the gofundmepage here.
Listen to the latest episode of our weekly episode The Booletin and Beyond:
Have you signed up to The Standard's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in the south-west.