VICTORIA'S COVID-19 NUMBERS FOR AUGUST 9:
* 394 new cases, the 35th consecutive day of a triple-digit increase
* A record 17 new deaths, bringing the state's toll to 210 and the national figure to 295
* Latest deaths include two men aged in their 50s, four men in their 70s, four women and two men in their 80s, two women and three men in their 90s
* 10 of the latest deaths are linked to aged care, where there are 1748 active cases
* 14,659 total confirmed Victorian cases, 7854 active cases
* 634 people in hospital, with 43 in intensive care, including 26 on ventilators. Youngest ICU patient is aged under 10
* 1725 cases among healthcare workers, of which 994 are 'active'
* 2758 cases have an unknown source, which is an increase of about 174
* 1,801,385 tests in Victoria, with about 41,416 tests done in the past 24 hours
* Stage four restrictions for metropolitan Melbourne and stage three protocols for regional Victoria until September 13
* Effects of stage four restrictions expected in one to two weeks.
* 268 in the 24 hours to Sunday morning, including 38 for failing to wear a face mask and 77 for curfew breaches.
* $59.7 million of additional mental health funding to focus on acute clinical services in both hospitals and the community.
KEY AGED CARE OUTBREAKS
* 186 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping (91 residents, 64 staff, 31 contacts)
* 169 cases have been linked to St Basil's Homes for the Aged in Fawkner (84 residents, 59 staff, 26 contacts)
* 146 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer (51 residents, 66 staff, 29 contacts)
* 123 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth (49 residents, 47 staff, 27 contacts)
* 105 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee (54 residents, 36 staff, 15 contacts)
* 96 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg (27 residents, 51 staff, 18 contacts)
* 93 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North (38 residents, 43 staff, 12 contacts)
* 87 cases have been linked to Arcare Aged Care Facility in Craigieburn (35 residents, 31 staff, 21 contacts)
* 78 cases have been linked to Glendale Aged Care Facility in Werribee (39 residents, 25 staff, 14 contacts)
* 77 cases have been linked to Aurrum Aged Care in Plenty (46 residents, 20 staff, 11 contacts)
OTHER KEY OUTBREAKS
* 200 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
* 125 cases have been linked to JBS Brooklyn
* 109 cases have been linked to Melbourne Health Royal Park Campus
* 83 cases have been linked to Australian Lamb Company in Colac
* 48 cases have been linked to the Linfox warehouse in Truganina
* 40 cases have been linked to Golden Farms Poultry in Breakwater
* 38 cases have been linked to Catholic Regional College in Sydenham
* 31 cases have been linked to Inghams in Thomastown
* 26 cases have been linked to Bingo Recycling in West Melbourne
* 16 cases have been linked to Hazeldene's Chicken Farm in Bendigo
* 13 cases have been linked to Bluebird Early Education in South Morang
* The DHHS is also looking 11 cases linked to Glenlyn Aged Care Facility in Glenroy, seven cases linked to a new outbreak at JBS in Brooklyn, four cases linked to Knox International in Brooklyn and four cases linked to PGG Wrightson Seeds in Truganina.
Source: Department of Health and Human Services
Australian Associated Press