There's no doubt south-west youngsters love their basketball.
Warrnambool Basketball's junior domestic training sessions were a hit in their first week at The Arc.
According to Warrnambool Basketball's Facebook page, more than 80 youngsters attended the opening night of sessions; adhering to strict COVID-19 pandemic measures.
It was the first of a six-week program led by some of the south-west's most established coaches.
Basketball development officer, Mike McGorm, said it demonstrated "the need is there for this kind of training to get the kids back on court".
"We've offered it because you can't go from isolation to full-on playing," he said.
Junior domestic competition starts on August 31.
Under 12 and under 14 girls as well as under 16 and under 18 boys train on Monday nights.
Under 12 and under 14 boys train on Tuesday nights.
And Under 16 and under 18 girls have the floor on Wednesday nights.
Training is being led by McGorm and junior representative squad championship coaches including Louise Brown, Alex Gynes and Shane Smith.
"Every single one put their hand up," McGorm said of the representative coaches.
The basketball development officer has been raving about the quality of coaching in Warrnambool since he moved from Melbourne.
"The kids are so lucky to have these experienced coaches and (senior) players," he said.
McGorm noted Aussie Hoops and under 10s training also began last week for primary school aged players.
He is excited ahead of the junior season but is aware circumstances could change.
"Even with the juniors, we've got to be very fluid with what we do," he said.
"We understand at any time it can be pulled away from us pretty quickly.
"As a junior committee, our thought was to keep (players) on the court as long as we could until we're told not to."
McGorm said Warrnambool Basketball was following strict state government, Basketball Victoria and Warrnambool City Council guidelines.
He said he was in weekly contact with Basketball Victoria and had a strong working relationship with council.
"Our priority is keeping our members and kids as safe as we can," he said.
McGorm said under current restrictions only one parent per child could go into the stadium.
The parent can stay and watch in a designated area and must adhere to social distancing.
McGorm added no siblings were allowed to watch training.
Meanwhile, the adult domestic competition is also scheduled to start on August 31.
But it's uncertain whether it will go ahead because current coronavirus restrictions mean those 19 years and above can't engage in contact training or competition.
"We will just be guided by Basketball Victoria and the governing bodies," McGorm said.
Have you signed up to The Standard's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in the south-west.