UPDATE, Thursday, 11.25am: Warrnambool City Council-run caravan parks will continue to welcome visitors from across Victoria, including coronavirus hotspots in suburban Melbourne.
On Thursday the Premier Dan Andrews announced another 33 new cases.
There have been double digit cases recorded daily for more than a week and the premier warned that 18,000 tests being done each day were expected to see more cases recorded.
Warrnambool City Council chief executive officer Peter Schneider said the council would continue to follow the advice of the Victorian Government in relation to travel and accommodation.
"There are no travel restrictions, but if people feel unwell, they should stay at home. If anyone has symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), however mild, they should get tested," he said.
On Wednesday some Great Ocean Road caravan parks blacklisted residents from six Victorian coronavirus hotspots but they have now reversed that decision and will now welcome all guests.
Residents from the Melbourne areas of Hume, Casey, Brimbank, Moreland, Cardinia and Darebin were on Wednesday banned as health authorities advised against some regional travel.
The Anglesea Family Caravan Park, the Torquay Foreshore Caravan Park and the Lorne Foreshore Caravan Park, managed by the Great Ocean Road Coast Committee, had cancelled all bookings from guests living in the hotspots.
"We made the decision based on what we thought was best for our staff, guests and local communities," the caravan parks said on their websites.
"We have now updated our decision based on advice from the chief health officer and will welcome all guests, including our 12-month permit holders back into our parks."
Victoria's chief health officer Brett Sutton said that if anyone felt unwell they must undergo testing and stay home.
Wednesday: Warrnambool and Port Fairy caravan parks are taking a wait and see approach after some parks along the Great Ocean Road cancelled bookings for people from Melbourne coronavirus hotspots.
Residents of any of the six Victorian coronavirus hotspot councils have been blacklisted from some coastal parks.
A caravan park chain managed by the Great Ocean Road Coast committee has cancelled all bookings from guests living in Hume, Casey, Brimbank, Moreland, Cardinia and Darebin.
The decision will leave those with holidays planned at the Anglesea Family Caravan Park, the Torquay Foreshore Caravan Park or the Lorne Foreshore Caravan Park without accommodation.
"This will apply to all bookings up until Monday, July 13, and include Twelve Month Permit Holders," the caravan parks said on their websites.
"We will not be lifting these restrictions until the Victorian Government advises that community transmission in these areas is under control," it said.
Moyne Shire Council chief executive officer Bill Millard said his council was taking a cautious approach.
"While council discourages visitors from hotspot areas or those who are feeling unwell, we continue to follow the guidelines of the state government, which currently allows unrestricted travel within Victoria," he said.
"Following the passing of an urgent motion at last (Tuesday) night's council meeting, Mayor Cr Daniel Meade, will be writing to the Premier (Dan Andrews) to urge travel restrictions be imposed on residents from those hotspot areas," he said.
Port Fairy Gumtree Caravan Park owner Viv McCallum said she and her husband had discussed the ban, it was something they had considered but as yet no decision had been made.
"I think at the end of the day caravan park owners will make their own decisions based on their own parks," she said.
"But, people need to think about public safety. The easing of restrictions and the Black Lives Matter protest led to people being a bit slack.
"There is a list of suburbs getting around saying these are the hotspots but it's not as cut and dry as that.
"We all have procedures in place, COVID forms people have to fill out, but if the numbers keep going up there could be additional government advice or park owners will make their own decisions.
"It's a continual review process."
Mrs McCallum said the additional factor was that school holidays start at the end of this week and there would be more people moving travelling.
"We do have to consider our workers, our family and our community but we do not have a lot of bookings and there's nothing to be concerned about as yet," she said.
"The south coast is quieter this time of year.
"The government has done the right thing up until now and the current increase in positive tests is very frustrating. People need to be aware, keep doing the right thing and do whatever we all can to stop the virus spreading."
Warrnambool Holiday Park owner Lisa Moore said she didn't see visitors from Melbourne being a major issue, with strict social distancing and sanitising practices in place.
"Of course, if someone presented at reception who was not well you would ask them to go back home," she said.
"We have self-contained accommodation and we're not exposing ourselves or our staff to risks.
"Bookings are way down for the school holidays, that's around Warrnambool and the region, and people trying to find warmer weather are currently restricted to the top end of Victoria."
Mrs Moore said families need to make their own decisions whether to get away from home, but they needed to do the right thing.
"We want people wearing gloves at service stations, not going to supermarkets and getting takeaway restaurant meals," she said.
"There's some wonderful walks in this area and the holidays are a chance for people to enjoy nature and get some exercise.
"The message remains the same - if you're not well get tested and stay at home," she said.
Warrnambool City Council officers are likely to discuss the issue this week but no decision has been made as yet.
Have you signed up to The Standard's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in the south-west.