South-west hoteliers are rushing to open their doors to patrons keen to enjoy a pot of beer and a chicken parma.
Alister Porter, owner of The Whalers Hotel, said he would be working hard to ensure he could re-open at the start of June when the coronavirus restrictions are eased.
Mr Porter said he was weighing up his options on how to operate while some restrictions remain in place.
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews announced on Sunday cafes and hotels that serve food would would be allowed to have 20 people dine in at their venue.
"We're pumped," Mr Porter said.
"We will be doing everything we can to get the doors open."
Mr Porter said he was considering offering a number of sessions to allow more than one group of 20 diners to visit the establishment.
"We know that everyone is pretty keen to get out and about," he said.
Mr Porter said the coronavirus had been the biggest challenge he had faced since taking over the business in 2014.
"It's been a big test but we can't complain too much because everyone is in the same boat," he said.
Macey's Bistro owner Peter 'Cork' Walsh is also looking forward to re-opening his bistro.
"It's good that there's now a bit of light at the end of the tunnel," Mr Walsh said.
He said it would be a different experience for diners at Macey's in the short-term, with the bistro required to offer table service.
Mickey Bourke's Hotel in Koroit will also re-open at the start of June, much to the delight of owners Wendy and Bruce Murley. "It's good news," Mrs Murley said.
"We've had a lot of people asking 'have you heard anything?'," Mrs Murley said.
She said the coronavirus had been the biggest challenge the couple had faced in 20 years of business.
One venue not allowed to reopen at the start of June is the Seanchai.
Owner Josh O'Dowd said he was disappointed, but conceded it wouldn't be viable to re-open and only be allowed to have 20 people in the hotel.
"To make it viable to re-open we would need to be able to have 50 people at a minimum," Mr O'Dowd said.
He said he also hoped the JobKeeper payment remained in place until restrictions were lifted.
"Otherwise it won't be worth it."
Have you signed up to The Standard's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in the south-west.