SPORTING clubs which were running with strict protocols amid the coronavirus pandemic are among the latest to shut their doors.
Lawn bowls, tennis and archery are now in hiatus in south-west Victoria.
Bowls Australia announced further restrictions which came into effect at midnight on Wednesday.
Listen to The Standard's new football podcast, The Main Break:
Warrnambool Bowls Club bowls manager Paul O'Donnell said practice was banned.
"We have completely shut down, it has effectively closed what freedom the members had," he said.
"It is probably going to add to their boredom I suppose but we had no choice and it was the right thing to do.
"We implemented that straight away."
O'Donnell said players would have to be innovative if they wanted to practice.
"Up and down the hallway maybe, if you're lucky enough to have a hallway," he said.
"It's a sign of the times. We've just got to overcome all these things."
Warrnambool Lawn Tennis Club was forced to close its gates this week which president Kim Tobin said came a day before Tennis Australia released its final guidelines to clubs across the country.
"With this situation we all have to accept change on a daily basis and as a club we decided on Tuesday night that we would close down and then we got told by Tennis Australia on Wednesday to close all facilities," she said.
"The last guidelines came out around making sure that nets, water fountains and gates all have to be sanitized after every use and that was a task that is impossible to guarantee.
"Everyone was obviously disappointed as we had been encouraging people to get out and stay active but advice came through from Tennis Australia and Tennis Victoria that unless we could guarantee all touchable surfaces could be cleaned that we should be closed.
"We were following advice from our country and state bodies. It's a pity because we would like people to still be active and our courts are in good condition.
"It's disappointing to say the least."
Meanwhile, Archers of Warrnambool club captain David Reid said he was setting up the club's new outdoor course when he was asked by president Mike Clark to drop tools.
The Duram Park archery complex, with indoor and outdoor ranges, has been shut since Monday with only maintenance allowed to go ahead.
"It's a shame," Reid said.
"But there are people in far worse situations than us."
The club captain said he was maintaining contact with members and sent a bulk email out about the coronavirus situation on Thursday.
Reid said some members had targets at home and would continue to practice.
"I'll still try and get 300-400 arrows in a week (at home) if I can," he said.
"You need to shoot a lot of arrows to improve."
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.