Emergency services have freed a child whose finger was stuck in a metal chair.
Warrnambool CFA senior station officer Darren Power said an 18-month-old female child became stuck after putting her finger inside a hole of an outside chair in Warrnambool's Goodall Street at 4pm on Saturday.
He said a crew worked with members of the Warrnambool State Emergency Service to free the child's finger.
"The outdoor metal chair had a hole similar to a drain hole, the child has stuck her finger in past her knuckle and it didn't come back out," Mr Power said.
"We used some elastic as a tourniquet to compress the finger. If that hadn't been successful we would have had to have used power tools which wouldn't have been pretty."
Mr Power said the child was not injured.
"I think the mum and dad were more distressed than anything but all's well that ends well," he said.
Have you signed up to The Standard's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in the south-west.