Warrnambool firefighters have attended another chimney fire, just days after a warning was issued to the community to clean and service their fireplaces.
Warrnambool senior station officer Troy Cleverly said a fire had broken out in the chimney of a property in Koroit's Lakeview Road about 8.45pm on Wednesday.
"Three occupants of the house self-evacuated prior to the brigade's arrival," he said.
Warrnambool station officer Paul Curran said three fire trucks attended the scene.
"The Koroit tanker arrived first, followed by one from Kirkstall and then the Warrnambool aerial pumper," he said.
"Koroit members liaised with the home-owners who had successfully extinguished the fire before we arrived.
"The incident started after material inside the chimney caught fire. It is another timely reminder to the community regarding to check their heat sources at this time of the year.
It is the second CFA warning about chimney fires in two weeks.
The first warning came after the brigade was called to two chimney fires over the June long weekend.
Crews responded to one chimney fire in a Mortlake home and another that had spread into the roof of a Port Fairy holiday rental on June 8.
Have you signed up to The Standard's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in the south-west.