SOME Warrnambool students have opted to re-sit online national literacy tests on Tuesday after technical mishaps affected the first round of testing.
A spokeswoman for the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority said 45 schools and 3442 students in the Warrnambool area participated in NAPLAN online, but only a handful of schools would re-sit the online tests.
"There are four schools in the area who have applied to do the NAPLAN online re-sit tests," she said.
The federal and state government agreed to allow affected students to re-sit the online test after many students experienced connection issues while undertaking the writing and reading components of the test earlier this month.
The Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority made re-sitting the test optional for affected students and those doing the writing test will be given a new prompt.
Emmanuel College Warrnambool assistant principal Justin Houlihan said 22 students at the school would re-sit either the writing or reading tests.
"Although technical disruption was experienced by most of our year seven and nine students for both tests, the majority of students indicated that they were able to finish the tests," Mr Houlihan said.
"The 22 students have been identified as having difficulties that really compromised the outcome of the tests."
Mr Houlihan said the school then wrote to parents to give them the option for their child to re-sit the test.
He said the conventions of language and numeracy tests, which students undertook on days following the technical glitches, were not compromised and "ran very smoothly".
All state and territory education ministers agreed in 2014 to transition NAPLAN tests from pen and paper to online testing, with most schools anticipated to use the online testing by next year.
Federal Education Minister Dan Tehan said there would be an independent review into NAPLAN testing following the glitches.
"I will put NAPLAN on the agenda of the next Education Council meeting," Mr Tehan said. "Any change to NAPLAN or its online provision would be a decision of all education ministers."
Have you signed up to The Standard's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in the south-west.