Young leaders were recognised at the annual Warrnambool and Moyne Youth Achiever Awards on Wednesday evening at the Lighthouse Theatre.
Twenty-one people received awards in categories including community and leadership, academia, arts and culture and sport.
Monique Jones and Harrison Price were the overall Warrnambool City Council youth achiever award winners, while Emily Bartlett and Alex Tamer took out the top spot for Moyne Shire.
Monique is an accomplished sportswoman, fashion designer, actor and dancer and volunteers with the CFA and surf lifesaving.
Harrison is a talented actor and public speaker, and is also school captain at Emmanuel College. He has also had strong VCE results.
Emily was awarded the Australian Government Sport Achievement Award and is a keen swimmer.
Alex is a champion chess and soccer player and public speaker.
Warrnambool City Council award winners were:
- Academic female – Molly Jackway
- Academic male – Jacob Gome
- Community and leadership female – Georgia Hand
- Community and leadership male – Johnathan Kinross
- Arts and culture female – Zahli Kelson
- Arts and culture male – Harrison Price
- Sports female – Monique Jones
- Sports male – Noah Best
- Overall female – Monique Jones
- Overall male – Harrison Price
- Overall runner-up female – Emily Reid
- Overall runner-up male – Austin Edwards
Moyne Shire Council award winners were:
- Academic female – Tatiana Haas
- Academic male – Reuben Knoll-Miller and Hamish Wortley
- Community and leadership female – Georgia Billings
- Community and leadership male – Peter Karcew
- Arts and culture female – Louise Tamer
- Arts and culture male – Elliot Cooper
- Sports female – Emily Bartlett
- Sports male – Jackson Van Ginneken
- Overall female – Emily Bartlett
- Overall male – Alex Tamer
- Overall runner-up female – Maddison Drake
- Overall runner-up male – Reuben Knoll-Miller