Shane Worth remanded in custody until July 23

UPDATE, Friday, 7.20am: A DRUG user already on bail and a corrections order has been remanded in custody charged with more drug offences after being caught with 1.72 grams of ice.

Shane Worth, 51, of Rutledge Street, Warrnambool, unsuccessfully applied for bail in the Warrnambool Magistrates Court on Thursday and was remanded in custody until July 23.

Warrnambool police Senior Constable Steve Parkinson said that Mr Worth was intercepted driving along Raglan Parade at 1.23am on Thursday morning.

He appeared erratic and his behaviour escalated after being told he was going to be searched by officers.

Mr Worth took something out of his pocket and leaned over a fence before consenting to a search.

Police found three zip lock bags containing 1.72 grams of ice over the fence, with a street value of about $1000.

When interviewed back at the Warrnambool police station Mr Worth said he had no drugs on him. 

Senior Constable Parkinson said Mr Worth had prior court appearances for drug offences, he was on a CCO for drug offences and was on bail for matters including drug charges.

He said Mr Worth was an unacceptable risk of continue to commit drug-related crimes.

Mr Worth said his house was being repossessed, he was looking after three dogs and had done nothing wrong. 

“I was strip searched on the side of the road and had nothing on me,” he said. 

“I was just trying to go home for a sleep. I’m babysitting one of the dogs,” he said.

Magistrate Cynthia Toose denied bail saying Mr Worth had an extensive range of drug-related prior court appearances involving ecstasy, ice, amphetamine, LSD and cannabis.

Earlier: A DRIVER pulled over in Warrnambool's Pertobe Road early Thursday will appear at court after being charged with possessing ice valued at more than $1000.

Warrnambool police Sergeant Steve Parkinson said officers observed a car at 1.30am and intercepted the driver on Raglan Parade.

The 51-year-old man was was found with three bags of ice weighing a total of 1.7 grams .

He was arrested, interviewed, charged and remanded in custody to appear in the Warrnambool Magistrates Court later on Thursday for a bail/remand hearing.