A series of debrief sessions will be held across Corangamite Shire as communities continue to recover from the St Patrick’s Day fires.
Corangamite mayor Jo Beard said the six meetings, hosted by Emergency Management Victoria, would allow people to share ideas about what could be improved in the future.
“Come along and share your experiences and your perspective on what went well and what could be done better,” Cr Beard said.
“You might have an idea nobody else has thought of, or a small observation that could be more significant than you realise.”
Emergency Management Commissioner Craig Lapsley urged people to come along.
“An emergency always provides the opportunity for all of us to reflect, and to provide the next shared emergency plan between community members and agencies,” he said.
Each meeting will run from 5pm-8.30pm. Session times are:
- Camperdown’s Killara Centre, Thursday, May 17.
- Cobden Civic Hall, Monday, May 21.
- Terang Civic Hall, Thursday, May 24.
- Simpson Recreation Reserve, Tuesday, May 29.
- Port Campbell Recreation Reserve, Wednesday, May 30.
- Timboon Hall supper room, Thursday, May 31.