​Police look into cause of Byaduk f​armhouse fire

​A FARMHOUSE near Byaduk has been extensively damaged in a fire on Friday morning.

Emergency services were called about 7.30am to a property at Louth Swamp Road and firefighters arrived to find the second house on a farm fully engulfed by flames.

Country Fire Authority regional duty officer Steve Giddens said 10 units attended and fighting the blaze was more difficult than usual because the dwelling contained asbestos.

He said a safety officer was appointed and the asbestos will have to be bagged and tagged before removal and disposal.

​The house was extensively damaged.​

The cause of the fire is unknown which has prompted an investigation by the CFA and police.