Deakin University is preparing to end its 25-year history with Warrnambool, having revealed on Friday it was in talks with other providers about taking on the campus’ course offerings.
We need to rally support to keep this vital educational resource and employment opportunity in our city.
Why is having a university in your city important to you? Would you go to university if it wasn't there?
ALL THE STORIES:
- Key south-west stakeholders are urging Deakin University to stay in Warrnambool
- Warrnambool Tertiary Education Community Committee is seeking answers from Deakin University's decision makers
- Warrnambool City Council chief executive urges Deakin University to work with government to formulate deal with third party provider
- Vice Chancellor Jane den Hollander speaks about Warrnambool's Deakin University campus.
- South West Local Learning and Employment Networks says Deakin University is the best tertiary education provider for the region
- University community advisory group to meet for first time as final positions filled.
- Federation University are closely monitoring the unfolding campus crisis
- James Purcell calls on Dan Tehan to secure $15m in federal funding to save university
- Deakin University Student Association stands by city campus
- South West TAFE proposes partnership model to support Deakin’s Warrnambool campus
- Nine people selected to form an advisory committee to save Warrnambool’s university
- Beyond the Bell Group fears for education aspirations if university was to leave Warrnambool
- We’ve tried, says uni boss
- Community votes with feet and voices
- Passion for Deakin University's Warrnambool campus on show at public meeting
- Glenelg Shire joins uni fight
- Deakin vice chancellor to speak at forum
- University campus helps define regional cities South West Healthcare chief says
- Campus' $10 million annual loss expected to grow as enrolments dwindle
- Federation University in a good position to take over Warrnambool Campus Vice Chancellor says
- South West Learning and Employment Network calls for review of policies to create level playing field for higher education.
- Student petition attracts more than 3000 signatures in support of retaining university campus
- Warrnambool university crisis reaches national halls of power
- Majority of Woodford school teachers are Deakin graduates
- Commerce Warrnambool adds its voice to fight to save university campus
- Ballarat-based university firming as likely Deakin successor
- Former South West TAFE CEO says Deakin needs to change its approach to the Warrnambool campus
- Great South Coast Group calls for federal support
- Michael Barling knows first-hand just how important the Warrnambool campus is
- Introducing agriculture courses could help lift student numbers in Warrnambool, Roma Britnell says
- A group of students launch a petition aiming to save Warrnambool's Deakin University campus
- EDITORIAL: We need to fight to save our university - the future of our children's education and our city depend on it
- Dan Tehan drives community forum to save Warrnambool campus
- Marine and aquatic sciences could hold the key to finding a new operator
- Dan Tehan says Deakin left the community in the dark
- Higher education in Warrnambool at a crossroads
There is strength in numbers, so get on board and #StandByWarrnambool
Let's paint a picture on the importance of our university via the message board below.