Your new company
Our client is a market leading Chinese offshore oil and gas producer focusing on oil & gas exploration and development, engineering, and technical services, refining and marketing, natural gas and power generation and financial services. They are looking to engage a Trading Analyst to join the team in order to support the delivery of marketing and trading activities. This role is seconded to an operator of the Joint Venture.
Your new role
In your new role you will be play a key part in the development, maintenance and use of analytic tool to support the delivery of market plans and updates to the team strategies In addition to this you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain the reporting systems for regular management and board reporting as well as ACCC and Regulatory reporting
- Managing physical gas trading operations, analysis, scheduling, contract management, negotiation, and risk.
- Conduct analysis of the Queensland Gas Market and provide competitive pricing intelligence to the team
- Support delivery of ad hoc economics and analysis (as required)
- Identify, recommend and implement continuous improvement with respect to trading tools and processes.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will have experience in identifying, developing and executing opportunities within organisations whilst also demonstrating the ability to mitigate risks. You will have previous experience with market analysis and commentary of the East Coast Domestic Gas Market as well as demonstrated experience adhering to strict compliance and governance frameworks. You will also have the following:
- Experience in the east coast Australia gas market& working knowledge of the operation of the Australian east coast gas markets (STTMs, DWGM, Wallumbilla Gas Supply Hub)
- Working knowledge of the principles and operation of gas sales and transportation agreements
- Experience in management reporting including proficiency in Powerpoint (Power BI advantageous)
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills including high proficiency with Excel (VBA advantageous)
- Strong business communication skills
- Degree in numerate discipline/s (e.g. business/economics/ engineering) is advantageous.
What you'll get in return
Our Client is offering the opportunity to work with Tier 1 Oil, Gas and Energy companies in a challenging yet rewarding role in a collaborative team. They have suggested an annual salary between $130,000- 176,000 + Super, with potential flexibility for experience candidates.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2641560