About the Company
Established Australian company which designs and manufactures a wide range of equipment relating to fluid transfer. These products include grease and oil pumps and guns, fuel pumps, hose reels and flow meters. The main industries this company supplies to is agricultural, industrial, automotive, mining, aviation and marine. The range of products is low cost, but very high volume. Based in NSW, the company has circa 120 headcount across the business, including engineering and manufacturing.
About the Role
This is a newly created role for the business. This is a cross-functional role working with different departments across the company (Sales, Production, Engineering, Quality, Procurement). You will report directly to the Operations Manager. The Planning Manager role looks after 1 Planner.
In this industry, it is a big range of products (4000SKUs). Some products go for short manufacturing runs as required to replenish stock or for customer orders. The volumes can vary significantly throughout the year.
We are looking for someone who is able to drive change and set up a good planning system for the business.
- Develop, maintain and communicate a Production Plan, Master Production Schedule and a Capacity Requirements plan, based on sales forecasts and trends
- Monitor inventory levels of raw materials, and schedule delivery with suppliers to meet production requirements, adjusting production plans as required
- Develop and facilitate the S&OP process by using aggregate demand, aligning this with manufacturing and supply capacity, to develop a production plan and meet customer requirements
- Review WIP work orders and ensure issuing of parts and closure of work orders in a timely manner
- Presenting a one-month minimum visibility of production planning for all internal stakeholders
- Reviewing daily, weekly, monthly customer orders, export container orders and expediting where required to meet customer delivery expectations
- Planning and prioritizing manufacturing operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Analysing delays and interruptions and accordingly adjusting production schedule to meet deadlines. Resolving shortages of purchased materials, or providing alternative solutions to deliver on customer requirements
- Provide feedback to internal customers as to production lead times
- Liaising with Manufacturing, QA and Engineering with regard to production, maintenance and downtime requirements
- Create new processes, and ensure these processes deliver their intended outputs
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in a production planning and scheduling role in a manufacturing environment is critical.
- Solid understanding of purchasing, inventory and customer service demands.
- Resume Submission - only successful candidates will receive a call
- Phone Call w Recruiter
- Video Interview w Recruiter
- 1st Round Interview w Operations Manager
- 2nd Round Interview + Site Tour
- Offer to start