Here at genU, we're a group of passionate, driven people who want everyone’s lives to be happier and healthier, especially people with disabilities, the ageing and those experiencing disadvantage. We operate solely for community benefit and invest back into the same communities in which our services are delivered.
genU are looking for enthusiastic, respectful and community-minded individuals to join us in a permanent part-time capacity in the Geelong region. If you are passionate about helping others and would love the opportunity to make a real difference to clients' lives, join us in playing a critical role in supporting their independent living journey.
We are looking for Personal Support Workers on a flexible part time basis in the Geelong region. You will assist people with a disability in various aspects of their daily life including personal care, independent living skills, social and community activities.
- This is a part time ongoing opportunity ( flexible hours working around your schedule, let us know dates/hours you are available!) located in Warrnambool, VIC
- Salary range: From $30.46 per hours + allowance and $15,900 NFP Tax-free Salary Packaging Benefits
As a Personal Support Worker you will:
- Assist clients in undertaking a range of activities of daily living including personal and self-care, food preparation, eating, dressing and maintenance of personal hygiene, domestic duties and other tasks as directed.
- Undertake the support role with respect and acknowledgement of the person’s’ abilities and strengths.
- Provide clients with opportunities for personal growth and skill development in line with Support Plans and directions from the coordination team
- Perform personal support work with professional integrity and ensure privacy and confidentiality of client information
- Willingness to undertake a Certificate III or higher in Individual Support/Disability;
- A current driver’s license, comprehensive insurance and a reliable registered motor vehicle;
- Basic computer skills and a mobile phone;
- Level 2 First Aid & CPR (with at least 6 month currency) or willingness to obtain;
- Working with Children Check;
- Must have, or be willing to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Check;
- Must have, or be willing to complete the NDIS Worker Orientation Module 'Quality, Safety and You' Certificate of Completion;
- Must have, or be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check
- All applicants for this role must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and meet the requirements of the genU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccinations during the recruitment process.
In case you don't have all the above criteria to progress, please get in touch with us anyway to discuss your situation. We understand that in some cases the right person for a job is based in your qualities and skills and not only qualifications.
Benefits & Culture
genU welcomes diversity, including diversity of race, culture, spirituality, gender, age, identity, ability and sexuality. We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all and living the values of genU each and every day. genU staff have access to a range of benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Quality Care Focused Environment: Create 1:1 relationships whilst supporting our clients within their own homes and communities.
- Investment in You: In addition to a Comprehensive Induction Program & Ongoing Professional Development, genU is committed to providing opportunities for career progression. You will have access to a range of accredited training modules, staff mentoring programs and our internal job vacancies.
- Commitment to Staff Health & Wellbeing: 24/7 access to an innovative, holistic employee assistance program that supports your emotional, mental, financial, and physical health.
- Ongoing, Secure, Part Time Opportunity: Inclusive of a generous hourly rate plus after hours and weekend penalties, with the option to increase your take home pay with Salary Packaging.
Please click here for a copy of the position description outlining full details of this role.
genU is committed to providing accessible, inclusive and equitable recruitment processes for all candidates. For further details about the role of if you would like to discuss reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process please contact Makayla Baxter on 0427 795 976 or at email@example.com
The closing date for these roles is the 03 October 2022. However, applications will be progressed and suitable candidates interviewed as they are received.