A great place to work
When you join Capricorn, you become a part of something bigger than a typical company, because as a co-operative we exist to improve the lives of our Members by supporting them in building stronger businesses – not the other way around.
We are purpose-led and are committed to empowering our community to thrive. Our community includes our employees, and we know what is important to them, because we asked! And here’s our commitments to you:
- Provide a diverse and inclusive workplace – because we know how important is for everyone to be treated fairly and with respect.
- Give you flexibility – it’s important to recognise we are all unique, and need to create work life balance.
- Offer paid parental leave – that supports both parent’s leave and their transition back to work.
- Create a fun environment – our social calendar is full up with a range of different virtual and face-to-face events to keep us connected.
- Work perks – that our employees actually use, such as; a fantastic reward and recognition program, wellness program, additional leave purchase and so much more!
The role and what we are looking for
Reporting to the Platform Manager - Integration, the Integration Architect translates requirements from the business/project or functional analysts into integration architecture solutions and describes it through architecture and design artefacts. This position plays an important role in ensuring that the integration architecture, solutions and governance aligns with the roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles developed by the enterprise architect approved by the Technology Management team and Group CIO. This role is focused on the Business (process, not motivational), Applications and Data architectural domains.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead technical design meetings with the business and project technical stakeholders.
- Clearly articulate business and technical solutions to key stakeholders.
- Work with the development leads to collaboratively create designs and ensure everyone has a clear direction on the integration solutions.
- Likewise, work with vendors to ensure they have a clear direction and understanding of the integration solution designs.
- Design integration governance to ensure execution teams (including vendors) are building to design and standards.
- Evolve and maintain integration architecture governance artefacts such as standards, best practices and patterns.
- Keep Integration Architecture artefacts updated such as API network maps and relevant ArchiMate representations within iServer365.
- Work with the Business Analysts and business stakeholders to collaboratively understand business requirements.
- Produce integration architecture diagrams and solution design documents, which show how the business requirements are being meet.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Architect and Development Team Leads to produce solution designs.
- Recommend options and Evaluate new technologies that can better influence the integration solution design.
We're also looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Ability to develop and maintain strong positive relationships with external technology partners
- Ability to understand the business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Advanced working knowledge of the Mulesoft application preferable
- Experience with modelling in ArchiMate 3.0. Other modelling notations desirable such as UML and BPMN
- Experience designing solutions using industry standards such as TOGAF / Zachman (preferably certified)
- Experience with Cloud Platforms e.g. Azure
- Demonstrable knowledge of:
- Integration architecture including API gateway platforms, SOA and ESB / event driven architecture;
- Microservices design patterns;
- Data warehouse / data lake design patterns including design of Extract, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes;
- Content Management System design;
- An understanding of Agile software development methodologies
- Can communicate technical ideas in a straightforward way
- Knowledge and experience designing solutions using the following vendor tools (ideally all of them, but the more the better)
- Microsoft stack, including:
- Microsoft SQL Server;
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services;
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services;
- Microsoft .NET Framework;
- Azure cloud offerings.
- NServiceBus and RabbitMQ messaging technologies;
- MuleSoft Platform;
- Open Text Content Server;
Who are we?
Capricorn is a member-based financial services organisation which exists to improve the lives of over 25,000 Members across Australia and New Zealand by supporting them in building stronger automotive businesses. We provide products and services including trade credit, risk protection, equipment finance, trade events, travel services, fuel cards and more. Last financial year Member purchases exceeded $2.93 billion and Member returns exceeded $72.5 million.
The next steps
If you think you are the right person for this role and you believe in a Member first culture, then please apply now. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, so it is better to apply sooner rather than later. If you need any assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact HR on +618 6250 9500.
For further information and detail on Capricorn, please visit our website at www.capricorn.coop/careers.