Are you a friendly and enthusiastic individual seeking a rewarding career?
Northern Beaches Hospital is looking to employ a Full Time Food Services Team Leader to join their busy department. You will work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment that strives to deliver outstanding healthcare to our patients.
Northern Beaches Hospital is a dedicated facility for all patients in our local area It was thoughtfully designed to optimise patient safety and overall experience, and to provide meaningful management and operational efficiencies that benefit everyone.
Key to the hospital's success is a highly skilled and expert team of staff who are supported by a comprehensive range of professional development opportunities.
As a Food Services Team Leader your responsibilities will include:
- Supervision of food service assistants and general administration
- Timely and efficient distribution of all meals
- Meeting all requirements of the Food safety Plan
- Oversees catering requirements for functions and meetings within the hospital
- Is a role model to peers and maintains positive staff morale through effective teamwork
- Staff roasters and scheduling
- Upholds a professional and customer focused work ethic
- Mentor to new staff, assists in new staff training
- Works on the floor as a hands on Food Services Team Leader
To be Successful in the role:
- Previous experience in hospitality as a Team Leader
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong understanding of WH&S
- Commitment to achieve continuous quality improvement
- Ensures kitchen and equipment are cleaned and maintained as required
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels to meet KPIs
- Good knowledge of therapeutic diets pertaining to acute care
- Provides support, direction and training to new or less experienced staff
- Demonstrates good time management skills and motivation
- Undertakes a leading role in coordination of quality activities in the kitchen
- Accepts direction from Support Services Manager
- Supports staff in creating and achieving the goals of the Catering Department
- Actively participates in staff appraisals, assisting in goal
- Identification and personal, professional development of staff
- Remains accountable for all actions
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Able to identify problems and develop strategies for resolution
- Able to implement and manage change effectively
- Willingness to find positive solutions to day-to-day issues
- Maintain all relevant documentation
- Ensure incidents and hazards are reported in line with the hospital policy and procedure
Benefits on offer:
- Discounted onsite parking as well as easy access to public transport
- Discounted gym memberships
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Salary Packaging
- Bulk Billing services for employees and immediate family members.
For further enquiries: please email email@example.com
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a NSW Working with Children's Check, prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.