Social Worker - Family Violence – Intake and Assessment
- Work in the Orange Door service in central Shepperton
- Join a well respected NFP service in an intake and assessment role
- 2 different types of permanent positions available –working with victim-survivors OR working with perpetrators.
We are seeking several Social Workers on behalf of a partner of the Orange Door Service. The Orange Door is a consortium of providers working together to offer a centralized service for those experiencing family violence. The Orange Door keeps the whole family in view and provides a more visible contact point to access family violence services, family services and perpetrators/men’s services, with expert support tailored to each family member’s needs. As a Social Worker in this team you will utilise your high level assessment and casework skills to link in appropriate supports and services. This work can be conducted both over the phone and as a response to walk-in clients.
Social Worker – Practitioner – Family Violence Services
The Practitioner – Family Violence Services will provide screening, assessment, triage and short-term response to all incoming referrals for women and children through an Integrated Practice Framework. The Practitioner will work in close partnership with other Practitioners to work towards increasing the safety of women and children experiencing family violence whilst complying with the Information Share Legislation and utilising the MARAM Framework.
Social Worker - Practitioner – Perpetrator Services
The Practitioner – Perpetrator Services will provide screening, assessment, triage and short-term response to all incoming referrals for men who use violence, keeping perpetrators in view and accountable for their actions and behaviour. The Practitioner will work in close partnership with other Practitioners to work towards increasing the safety of women and children experiencing family violence whilst complying with the Information Share Legislation and utilising the MARAM Framework.
- Bachelor of Social Work qualification is preferred (however other degree level qualification in the field may be assessed as meeting the mandatory requirements and/or significant experience in the sector may also meet requirements on a case by case basis)
- A knowledge and understanding of the drivers/causes of family violence and child and family vulnerability, as well as the child and family services and/or broader social services sector and their fundamental practices and theories is required.
- An understanding of the gendered nature of family violence, the drivers and causes of family violence and feminist, intersectionality and human rights frameworks pertaining to adults and children
- Experience in family violence service or transferrable experience from other sectors including but not limited to child protection, child, youth and family services and homelessness.
- New graduate Social Workers also encouraged to apply.
- High level interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Working with children check and police check are essential for these roles.
Salary on offer for experienced candidates is $78,884 plus super plus generous salary packaging.
This is inline with Community Health Centre (Stand Alone Services) Social and Community Service Employees Multi Enterprise Agreement 2017
To apply please submit your resume.
If you have any questions please call Georgina at Recruit for Good on 9900 6403