We’re for children, not profit
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through great early learning experiences. We’re entirely Australian owned and not-for profit with every dollar we spend directed towards helping children reach their full potential. Everything we do is about contributing to a better outlook for Australia’s children and a happier, more prosperous society.
We make every moment count
Right from birth, children are ready to learn and at Goodstart we employ the most up-to-date thinking in early childhood education to create stimulating, age-appropriate learning environments that give children a secure base and the confidence to explore.
We take safety seriously
Yes, we offer plenty of opportunities to get messy, explore, and try new things. We also follow strict health and safety guidelines, keep our first-aid qualifications current and ensure our comprehensive child safety policies and procedures are followed at all times.
We have a big heart
Goodstart is a social enterprise. We reach out to all families and communities, especially those facing disadvantage, we embrace and celebrate diversity and we speak up for those children and families at risk of being left behind
Job description: Role:Educational Leader
Location: 121 Whites Rd, Warrnambool VIC 3280
Centre: Goodstart Warrnambool
Employment Type: Full-Time / Permanent
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
As the Educational Leader at Goodstart Warrnambool, you will work alongside the Educators within your centre to observe practice, review and continuously improve educational programs on offer to children. You will develop the educator team’s understanding of child development and other relevant early years content knowledge, as well as support the application and use of the Early Years Learning Framework or an approved learning framework. In this role you will work within the centre leadership team (CLT), lead change, and champion practice uplift and excellence. You will have 8 hours per week Educational Leader however more time will be given when needed so you can fully support the development of staff.
What Goodstart can offer you
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
* Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
* Competitive pay you’ll get paid on par with state primary school Teachers (if you hold your Bachelor in Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent)
* Wellbeing focus - you’ll get two extra days off per year, and our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
* Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
* 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
* Retail and childcare discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love:
* Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
* Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
If you have previous experience leading change in education and have a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education), OR Diploma qualification or ACECQA approved equivalent, then we want to meet you!
How to apply
* Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
For more information please contact Vic Recruiter Charlotte O’Loughlin – Coloughlin2@goodstart.org.au / 0396489815
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
To apply: https://goodstart-early-learning.contactrh.com/jobs/12217/40498093