- Financial Benefits - Receive 80% off childcare fees, access to referral programmes up to $250 and more!
- Leadership Training – Be a part of our inspiring leadership training to support your growth
- Extra Time - Receive extended programming and planning time.
- Be a Leader - Be valued as part of our Centre Leadership Team.
- Early Childhood Teacher Networking - Come together each month to discuss, learn and build.
- Journey Academy - Access to accredited training & short courses.
- High-Quality Resources & Environments - Our environments spark creation, inspiration and pure joy in educators, families and visitors
- Grow your career - You will be supported through each step of your career
- Ongoing Professional Development - Exclusive access to our internal professional development platform, external training and short courses.
About Your New Role:
As our new Early Childhood Teacher, your role as an active leading team member will be to provide a safe and stimulating environment that meets the needs of our children. It is your responsibility to encourage engagement and participation in curriculum decision-making, in line with our curriculum, standards, and practices.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflecting this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child-safe policy and code of conduct
- Work collaboratively with educators, children, and families to plan and implement an effective ongoing cycle of planning, documenting, and evaluating in line with the National Quality Framework.
- Ensure that programmes are designed, implemented, and evaluated in consultation with others to foster all aspects of child development in a holistic way.
- Develop trusting relationships with families through regular, honest and open communication regarding the care of their children.
- Extending children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation.
- Gather and analyse information from written observations to ensure children’s strengths, interests and preferences are included in the programme and activities.
- Actively build and maintain reciprocal relationships with families and team members.
- Mentor educators in the education, care, and supervision of all children.
- Experience working in an environment guiding and supporting children up to six years old.
- Experience developing high-quality programmes for children up to six years old.
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA Code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for children and their families.
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA approved bachelor’s degree (Early Education) or, working towards
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
About Taylors Hill:
Journey Early Learning Taylors Hill just celebrated its 1st birthday! Our centre is a brand-new purpose-built centre that caters for 132 children between the ages of six weeks and six years. With state-of-the-art facilities and environments, our indoor and outdoor play spaces are built to spark wonder, joy and excitement in all children, families, educators and visitors. Whether it be bug hunting on the exploration trail or looking after our sustainability garden, Taylors Hill is equipped to support children’s learning and development in a safe and holistic manner.
Our team is built on the foundations of connection, communication and consideration with an inspiring and knowledgeable Centre Manager who focuses on offering continuous support and opportunities to each member of the team. We pride ourselves on building connections with neighbours, schools, local businesses, and community organisations.
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.